5 Gun Safety Rules
Must Know and Practice these!
1. Every Firearm is Loaded (Always handle firearms as if they are loaded)
2. Always present your firearm is a SAFE direction. (Muzzle direction)
3. Always keep your finger OFF the trigger until choosing to shoot.
4. Only have your firearms accessible to authorized persons.
5. Only have your firearm "loaded" or "chambered" while using it.
( Instructions given to current shooters on the firing line)
1. "Make Ready" Means: Safely load firearm keeping your finger OFF trigger and the muzzle pointed in a SAFE direction.
2. "Are you ready?" Lack of negative response from the shooter indicates they are fully prepared to shoot.
3. "FIRE" shoot the pre-described course of fire.
4. "Cease Fire" ALL Shooters MUST STOP FIRING
5. "Unload and show clear" Remove magazine, remove any live round present in chamber and lock slide to rear. (ALL functions must be done while keeping your finger OFF trigger and muzzle pointed in a SAFE direction.)